Is your web application built using Angular? And you’re on a quest to conquer the challenges of automation testing? Then dive deeper into this article, where we explore the fascinating world of test automation using Protractor.
Although automation testing of angular applications is challenging due to its dynamic nature, it must support its significance. It improves the quality of the application by eliminating the chances of human error. It allows QA automation companies to widen their test conversion and cost-effectively reduce the time to market.
“Effortlessly conquer Angular app testing with Protractor’s automation power!”
Buckle up to level up your Angular app testing with Protractor.
Why Do QA automation companies Need Protractor Framework?
Protractor Architecture: How does it work?
How to set up Protractor for Test Automation?
It is crucial to initially configure Protractor using the following steps before starting automation testing.
1. Install NodeJS: Use the following commands to verify that NodeJS and npm are correctly installed:
$ node -v
$ npm -v
2. Using npm, install Protractor globally:
npm -g install protractor
You don’t need to install a Protractor (Protractor API) or a default Selenium server web driver manager to launch a standalone server.
3. Enter the following command to check the Protractor’s version and confirm its installation:
version of protractor
4. Before performing test Automation with Protractor, run the following command to update the WebDriver Manager:
Update for web driver-manager
5. Enter the following command to launch the WebDriver Manager in the background.
6. After this, the web driver will automatically submit the test results to Protractor, recognizes the tests, and runs them.
Why use a protractor for automation testing?
- It can Identify Web Elements with advanced HTML attributes.
- It can perform End to End Functional Testing and Cross Browser Testing.
- Protractor supports Real Devices on Cloud, allowing broader coverage.
- It offers flexibility to QA automation companies by supporting different languages for API binding.
- Protractor supports Asynchronous Test Execution.
- It allows Automatic Waiting.
Best Practices in Protractor Testing
- Consider using parallel testing to save time and resources and ensure cross-browser compatibility during cross-browser testing.
- Additionally, to make debugging easier, use text and visual logs to keep track of actions performed with each command.
- Text logs are helpful for record-keeping purposes. Visual logs generate screenshots for every test step, aiding in understanding application behavior and facilitating troubleshooting when the anticipated result is unattainable.
- Users can also record test execution in video format for precise debugging, allowing them to watch what fails and figure out why it failed.
- However, remember that this may lengthen execution time. Therefore, leading QA automation companies use it only where necessary.
- It is unnecessary to strictly monitor tests that pass, as this could slow down operations if many tests need to be executed.
- Remember to always run Protractor Selenium tests on real browsers and devices.
In today’s fast-paced software development landscape, test automation is a critical tool for testers to satisfy the escalating demands of consumers for optimal product quality. To achieve automation testing services for applications using the Angular framework, you must use Protractor.
It has significantly increased the role of QA automation companies in modern software development cycles. They have an expert team to design and implement automated test scripts. So, why are you waiting?
Take advantage of Protractor for seamless and efficient test automation today!
Latest posts by AutomationQA (see all)
- Have You Utilized ChatGPT To Advance Your Automation Testing Process? - February 27, 2024
- Mastering Process Automation by Unveiling the Top Programming Languages in 2024 - February 23, 2024
- Automating Testing For WPF: Understanding, Importance, Best Approaches & Tools - February 21, 2024