Are you curious about which test automation tools will take center stage in 2023? With the ever-increasing demand for high-quality software, organizations constantly seek ways to streamline their testing processes and achieve faster time-to-market. Test automation has become a necessity rather than a luxury in this digital transformation era. That’s why staying up-to-date with the latest trends shaping automation testing tools’ future is essential.
From intelligent automation frameworks to cloud-based testing platforms, this blog delves into the top 8 trends and strategies that will dominate the test automation landscape 2023. Get ready to witness a paradigm shift in how we approach software testing and discover the trends to help you stay ahead!
#1 Mobile Automation Testing Trends
Today’s ratings and reviews of a mobile application reflect its performance efficiency and reliability. Mobile automation testing analyzes application functionalities across different operating systems and devices. That is why tools for mobile automation testing will remain high in trend this year!
Here are a few expected mobile automation trends for 2023:
- Focus on AI-driven scriptless and codeless mobile automation solutions like Kobiton.
- Cloud-based Mobot Testing service to interact with mobile hardware like a real user.
- Use of different Dev Tools to automate the web performance of mobile apps.
- Mobile automation testing will remain crucial for delivering seamless performance with excellent user experience.
#2 Growth of Cloud-Based Testing
Gone are the days when developers wrote different test cases for different types of devices and browsers. Today Cloud-based test automation solutions enable developers to reuse the same code for cross-browser and cross-platform testing.
Developers can create self-service Cloud development environments to utilize different testing tools and resources, such as:
- Automated CI/CD deployment pipelines
- Virtual machines, storage containers, and virtual networking
- Container orchestration to support serverless computing
- Integration with testing frameworks like Selenium or JUnit
- Team collaboration tools for project management
In 2023, companies can opt for cloud-based cross-browser testing solutions and reduce resource expenses. It also enables developers to maintain continuous delivery without focusing on the underlying application infrastructure.
#3 Demand for Open-source Test Automation Tools
Another trend that will stay in 2023 is using various open-source testing tools. These tools leverage agile frameworks to write and execute automated test cases for mobile/web applications. These tools support various testing activities, allowing developers to build and run Test Cases simultaneously across different environments.
Here are automation tools 8 top names to stay in demand this year:
- Apache JMeter
In the context of open-source testing tools, these tools are available for public usage with the primary source code. Open-source tools are highly customizable, allowing developers the ultimate flexibility to tailor different test cases.
#4 Hyper-Automation Testing using AI and Machine Learning Capabilities
Are you hearing the term “Hyper-Automation Testing” for the first time? Top automation consulting firms have already started leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) capabilities to perform automation testing!
Hyper-Automation Testing augments human capabilities using software, offering greater flexibility and scalability to test software code. Here are some great functionalities of Hyper-Automation Testing:
- Deploy digital testers to accelerate testing execution with lesser human intervention.
- Integrate several BPM tools with testing frameworks to streamline testing workflows.
- Leverage Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to perform Continuous Testing.
- Early bug detection with intelligent test orchestration and optimization.
- Realistic test data creation to conduct self-healing tests automatically.
- Incorporating these functionalities in 2023 can be a game-changer for QA automation companies!
#5 Rise of Codeless or Scriptless Testing
Codeless or Scriptless Testing is the next big thing to happen in the automated testing landscape! According to Future Marketing Insights, codeless testing will cover over 15.5% CAGR by 2031. It is a unique approach that can create and run tests without writing traditional testing scripts. Instead, it utilizes intuitive graphical interfaces like visual components and drag-and-drop functionalities to automate the entire test case execution process.
So there is no need to learn different test automation tools or write thousands of code lines. Codeless Testing will perform various testing activities regardless of the software type or size!
#6 Adaptation of Shift-Left Testing Approach
The “Shift-Left” testing approach isn’t new! It has been around for quite a few years now, aiming to integrate testing at the earlier stages of the software development cycle. It is a novel approach for finding and preventing defects as early as possible before the production release. The benefits of the Shift-Left process are:
- First, developers can detect potential code errors and fix defects early.
- Second, it offers better security and reliability as developers test across different environments.
- Third, it allows faster feedback loops to facilitate quicker resolution of issues.
In addition, several open-source test automation tools support the “Shift-Left” approach for software testing. As a result, more enterprises will adopt this approach this year!
#7 Digital Experience Enhancements with API Testing
Today’s customers have the highest expectations for their digital experience across websites, web apps, and mobile apps. Quality software is the ultimate foundation for making exceptional digital experiences for customers.
With so many technologies emerging, it will be crucial to test numerous user journeys consistently. Hence, organizations must perform efficient API testing while testing their web applications and software solutions. So this year, the developers must use suitable automation tools to automate the API testing process and enhance the application’s digital experience!
#8 Utilize Real-Time Testing with AI-driven Synthetic Data
Valuable data-driven insights are top priorities for companies worldwide to understand:
So software testers rely more on the application data to shorten their testing cycles and commit to quick changes. With the help of AI, developers and QA teams can access live data insights. So it’s expected to see more automation consulting firms leveraging the synthetic data generated by AI systems in real time!
Summing Up: How To Leverage These Trends?
Look, no one can truly predict the future trends of 2023! As we look ahead to 2023, test automation trends highlight vital areas that have seen dramatic changes in past years. Now you know the expected test automation trends 2023, it’s time to implement these!
Remember, in the rapidly evolving field of software testing. It’s crucial to learn about emerging test automation tools and techniques continuously. From embracing AI-driven testing to cloud-based solutions, it’s time to Shift Left the entire testing process with an Agile approach.
Need assistance in implementing Automation Testing? Contact us today.
Latest posts by AutomationQA (see all)
- Have You Utilized ChatGPT To Advance Your Automation Testing Process? - February 27, 2024
- Mastering Process Automation by Unveiling the Top Programming Languages in 2024 - February 23, 2024
- Automating Testing For WPF: Understanding, Importance, Best Approaches & Tools - February 21, 2024